Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Blackerry Q5
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Q5 SIM Tray problem

Having had a number of problems with Q5, camera not working, IMAP problems etc, decided to take Q5 back to Virgin Media... on removing the SIM card the Nano SIM fell out of the Micro adapter, which then snagged and got caught on the Reader Pins rendering SIM Reader (and Phone) useless!!

Now need a new SIM tray, as Virgin kindly refuse to fix on warranty as saying my fault!

If anyone has had a SIM tray replaced, Q5 or other BB, then any advice greatfully accepted!

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Q5 SIM Tray problem

Hi Nbrought

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

If your blackberry is still under warranty you must appeal by the warranty.

And so they MUST solucionarte your problem with the Q5.
Or take other legal actions.

Luck.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

Hi, thanks, it's a bit complicated warranty wise, didn't buy phone through the service provider, so proving very difficult to get them  (or anyone) to even look at the phone via any usual service centre process, even BB support are recommending I send my phone to some 3rd party service centre!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

SIM tray when used with an adapter is not covered under warranty

if the shop did this, then they are responsible for it

there are some repair shops that can replace it online but I have not used any yet to reccomend one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks KnottyRope, yes I think I've discovered this the hard way :-(

For info, I specifically asked for a SIM upgrade to a micro SIM, having told Virgin Mobile that I'd purchased a Q5, they sent me a nano with adapter anyway, with a woeful disclaimer statement in the pack about how to insert a SIM, that didn't cover the nano SIM/adapter/Q5 type combination...

I'll still chase up with them, but I've had to get repair done under phone insurance, which incidently has been deemed unrepairable. Hey Ho!

I think the moral here is, only buy a BB new from your service provider! !