Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Telus

Q5 Touchscreen unresponsive

I'm running the latest OS upgrade (10.2.0.1083), and have also installed antivirus and screen test software when last the touch screen was responsive, as the touchscreen was giving some weird responses.

The antivirus scan came back clean, although the touchscreen test showed a horizontal band with no sensitivity in it.

The phone has not been water exposed at all.

Since testing about 3 hours ago, the screen has become completely unresponsive. I've restarted a large number of times, with no improvement.

At this point, I'm considering a warranty return, but, despite finding the warranty documents on the RIM website, I cannot find anything about how to actually pursue the warranty return.

Does anyone know:

1. What is going on with my Q5?

2. Is there a user-side way I can fix it?

3. If not, how do I go about getting RIM to repair or replace it as per the warranty?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q5 Touchscreen unresponsive

To answer your questions,

1- I don't know, it's hard to tell from a distance,

2- Restarting the phone, reloading the OS and uninstalling any recently installed apps are the usual remedies, and

3- To get warranty repair or replacement, you go through your carrier (Telus). Take the phone to them and they'll determine if it qualifies for warranty work (if you're within one year of purchase, otherwise it's no). If you have to resort to this step, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Link first.

I hope I've helped you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.