Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: o2

Q5 dead, after failed recovery

Hey guys,
I had some trouble with my Q5, so i decided to run the recovey via the blackberry link on my mac. When the process was done, I got the message that the recovery failed and I should try it again. Apparently, after the failed recovery, my Q5 was dead. I can not boot it anymore and the red LED keeps flashing 2 times, in a 3 second pattern.
When i try to do the recovery, blackberry links either gets stuck at the "checking for repair software" screen, or I get message that the process failed and i should try it again. I appreciate every idea!
Kind Regards and Thanks in advance,
Yasid 

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Q5 dead, after failed recovery

Hello,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps below to try and bring the BlackBerry Q5 back to life:

1. Ensure that BlackBerry Link is installed on the PC or Mac OS
  2. Ensure the computer has an internet connection.
  3. Launch the BlackBerry Link Software.
    Note: A backup of the BlackBerry device should be tried before a reload.
  4. Turn off the BlackBerry device. Make sure there are no flashing LEDs and that the LCD is not still being lit by the backlight. If there are any flashing LEDs, hold the power button for 15 seconds until the LEDs stop.
  5. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
  6. When prompted with Cannot communicate with device, click Restore and then click yes allow the update to be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry device.

If the restore button is not seen press the vertical dots in the lower right corner of BlackBerry Link and select disconnected device.  Highlight the disconnected device you are working with and attempt steps 4 to 6 again.

If the issue still persists, then I suggest contacting your network service provider for repair options. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

VIA | BlackBerry Technical Advisor

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Visitor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Q5 dead, after failed recovery

Hi, just updated my Q5 over the air update... Now I get the red light sequence 10111111.... Any ideas? When connected to PC it says it failed to restore it instantly. It stays connected to the PC for about 5 seconds... Any help out there? Cheers