Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

Q5 dialing from calendar function

As a long time user of Blackbery phones I just picked up a new Q5 today and I afrustrated by two items:

1.  As already noted on this forum the inability of the option to delete emails from my phone only or phone and service provider.  Great feature can't understand why this was not incorporated in OS 10. I am on the road alot and I like deleting junk/useless emails from my phone and server so when  get home I don't have to go through all of the emails again to delete.

2.  Can anyone find a way of dialing a phone number that is written in a calendar field.  On my previous Blackberry's (Bold etc) I could open up a calendar event/appointment and if I had previously noted a phone number in the details I could use the track ball to highlight the phone number and dial the number.  Very convenient.  If this function is not available then I guess I will be returning the Q5.  Not designed for the business user! 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Q5 dialing from calendar function

Hello, it is easy to delete an email. From the BlackBerry Hub Simply hold down the email you'd like to delete and hit the "Trash" icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, or to delete multiple emails - hit "Select more" and eventually delete the emails you'd like to get rid of.
It is possible to dial a phone number from the calander if it is in the 'Notes' field.
hope this helps.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi