Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Optus

Q5 screen stuck on smartphone to PC image

I would appreciate someone's help.  NOt sure if I have caused the problem somehow....of course its possible & likely but:

my blackberry's screen is stuck on an image that shows the 'smartphone connecting to the PC',,,, unable to move off from here.

Tried connecting to BB LInk--- failed.

Any ideas please

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q5 screen stuck on smartphone to PC image

Hello Oscar55 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your BlackBerry Q5 smartphone.

Have you set up your BlackBerry yet, or are you in the process of setting it up? 

If you hold the top key (in the middle) on the device for several seconds, does the device reboot? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi hmthepirate,

I had set up the Q5 a few months ago & was using it with no problem. This frozen screen issue

appeared one day as I tried  to link the Q5 to the Blackberry Link program...but I could  not get that to happen

and the frozen screen has remained on the Q5.

Pressing and holding the on/off button for a few seconds causes the Q5 to "red light comes on & off, followed by the Blackberry logo, folowed by the smartphone to PC image" which stays on the screen

Oscar55

New Contributor

Must let you know I have worked out the solution:

I was using another USB cable from another smartphone to connect the Blackberry Q5 to my PC.

The phone connector fitted the blackberry.....but when I looked at the inside of the Blackberry USB cable, it was

different to the inside of the 'others smartphone USB-PC cable' even though the external dimensions were identical.....

what a trap!!!!

All works now.

Hope this info helps someone out there. Smiley Happy

Suggest BB ensures that customers use their USB-PC cable exclusively to avoid this issue.

Regards

Oscar55 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it Oscar55.

It's always recommended to use the USB cord that comes with your device. Sometimes the other cords can charge the device, but they may not have the required output to connect to the computer.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q5 Red
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This situation makes me 9 days crazy,untill i did found the solution,it cost me 2 1/2 hours.First install Blackberry Link software at your PC.Then put your Sim-card out.You can leave your Media-card.Make a connection with your Q5 and your PC with a Mini USB cable and put it in PC USB connector.Then you give the Link software the command CHANGE and BB Link software making connection with your Q5,then you click at Device software and it takes about 2 hours for installing is ready.Then your Q5 has a green led and you click at reboot and your Q5 start up as new.Succes !