Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: koodo

Q5 won't show text messages

When I open text messages sometimes it will freeze and I am unable to see the conversation. The only fix is reopening the program several times and waiting till it returns to normal (takes about 5 minutes). It happens regularly
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: Q5 won't show text messages

Hi There,

Have you tried to reload the software via BlackBerry Link?

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi I am facing absolutely the same problem. I just bought the same handset on the 21st Nov and had to replace it on 22nd Nov. Now even the new handsed is giving me the same problem.

I need to know how to solve the problem. the phone does not allow to send SMS and just hangs preventing any kind of working. One cannot even pick up a call ahen this is happens.

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry q5
My Carrier: koodoo

Samething for me.  Bought a Q5 10 days ago, had all my contacts and messages transfer from my old Blackberberry Curve and my messaging is a nightmare.  it freezes all the time.  Chnaged the Q5 yesterday and did not help at all.  Still having a problem with my text messaging which freezes all the time (sometime for more than 2 hours).  Seems to always happen when i am receiving a text or call while texting!