Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

SMS chat "ended2 -> all related messages deleted

Dear community,

a few days ago i got my new Q5 and am sooo happy how easy everything could be. Today i was just replying on a SMS message and was interupted so i deci9ded to continue writing later on. There was a box asking "Are you sure, you want to end the chat?" And I just though "Sure, for now... I'll be back in like an hour..." What i was not aware of and nothing pointed to it, was that all messages I got or wrote to that specific contact were gone, searches have no results.

Now i would like to get very important messages back and hope anyone knows a way on hot to do that or if my provider could somehow re-embed the messages in some kind of data-feed?

I am running the BB 10 OS 10.1 (latest), 10.2 is available by today but i do not want to completely loose anything by updating.

btw, provider is t-mobile, germany.

I would be very gratefull if anyone knows the "hidden switch" or magical functions.

Kind regards,

CrazyDealer

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: SMS chat "ended2 -> all related messages deleted

I'm not a big SMS user so I'm going on your description,  and it sounds like you deleted the SMS messages.   If that is what happened, your only hope is if you backed them up.    

I don't know for sure, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, and you can also check yourself, but it may be possible to selectively restore SMS.   If so, you can restore the SMS database as it was when you did the backup.   Be aware that it will overwrite the database that is on the device, not amend it. 

- Ira
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Re: SMS chat "ended2 -> all related messages deleted

Thanks for the reply,

sadly i have no backup of that messages. The really bad thing is that my blackberry just asked if i want to end the chat, NOT if i want to delete all messages which i would not expect from a high class business phone like blackberry.

Seems like i have to make a mental not to never-ever end chats with contacts who only can write in sms. I still hope the data is somewhere (junk / deleted messages) in a hidden system folder and can be re-buildt.

I would expect a handling like that on iphones, not on business phones.