Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: orange

Sending emails with a copy to my laptop

Can anyone help by telling me how to send a copy of emails sent from my blackberry Q5 to my laptop please

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sending emails with a copy to my laptop

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There is no connection between your Q5 and your laptop for email...none. Your Q5 is connected to your email server, as is your laptop (somehow, you don't say how...webmail? Outlook? Something else?). Depending on your email server and your configuration settings, your Q5 should be placing all emails you send from it into your server Sent Items folder. Depending on your laptop configuration, you should be able to see what your server Sent Items folder shows.

I wish I could be more specific, but not knowing your configuration (email service type, laptop email configuration, etc.), it's a bit difficult to give any more detail.

In "the old days", the method was to auto-CC or auto-BCC yourself on everything you send. Since newer technologies have come into existence, the ability of the device to place items you send into your Sent Items folder on the server has negated the need to do that, and that function no longer exists with BB10.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................