Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: ufone
Accepted Solution

You can't sign in with a different BlackBerry ID on this device

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,

I need a little help here. I'm getting following error when try to verify the BlackBerry ID.

"You can't sign in with a different BlackBerry ID on this device. Sign in with orginal BlackBerry the original BlackBerry ID used on this device"

This is how i end up here:
I wanted to change the email address associated with my BlackBerry ID and to do that i deleted the orginal ID using the link from the email "delete this BlackBerry ID" . which i got when creating it for first time.
I also recreated the ID with my orginal email address but even then getting the above error.

Please, let me know how to fix it. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: You can't sign in with a different BlackBerry ID on this device

Hi afzaal

You need to wipe your Q5 first to apply new/different BlackBerry ID. Do not forget to backup your data through BlackBerry Link before you wipe because all of your data will be deleted. You can restore the data after wipe process has completed.

Cheers and good luck.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: ufone

Thanks, It worked. Appreciate the help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

You're welcome. We are happy to help.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals