Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone ITA

blackberry q5 touch screen doesn't work

Hi everyone, yesterday i've upgraded the software of my blackberry q5 to the latest version (10.2.1.2102) and after the upgrade the phone worked without problems. At night it switched off cause the battery was low and this morning when i've charged the phone, the screen didn't work. I've switched off, and then switched on the phone, but it still doesn't work, please help me! 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: blackberry q5 touch screen doesn't work

Do you get any lights at all or any indication it's working?

When you plug back in the charger do you get the led lighting up?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor

The mobile works "normally",  the problem is the screen that doesn't work, it's like frozen! The phone now is on, but i can't read message, can't call anyone, because when I tap on the screen nothing happens(sorry for my bad english, but i'm italian) 

Developer

You're English seems pretty good to me, better than my Italian. :-)
When you say frozen are you seeing a screen that is black or a screen showing the hub but you just can't press anything?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I can't press anything! I see the hub, but when i tap on the icons nothing happens, but the keyboard works

Developer

Okay something that I saw this time when I first updated was that the hub was unresponsive for a while, this is the first time I've seen this on any update.
This was on a Z10 mind.

I recommend doing a hard reboot first, hold down the power button for approx 10 seconds or the volume up/down keys for approx. 20 seconds to do the reboot.
After the phone starts leave it alone for 20-30 minutes for the hub to settle.

If you are still experiencing the same problem after this come back and let us know and either I or someone else will suggest some other things to try.

New Contributor

thank you, i will let you know Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok, i've done what you said, but the screen still doesn't work, like before i can see the icons, i can receive calls, but i can't answer cause the screen is unresponsive when i tap on it! can you suggest me something else? 

My Device: q5
My Carrier: mtn

hello. please did you get a response to this issue? i have the same challenge and will like a solution.

thanks

Developer

Try reinstalling the OS first, if that doesn't work then it looks like the digitiser may have broken and would need to go back under warranty.