Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: Q5
My Carrier: ben.nl

cannot setup mobile internet

hello!

I have recently bought a BB Q5 and I'm not able to setup the mobile internet service.

my service provider (BEN - netherlands) does not provide BB internet service but does provide mobile internet service. I have followed their instructions on how to set it up but it's still not working.

their instructions for APN settings are to enter "internet.ben" as access point name and to leave the username and password fields blank. According to them, I should be able to set the authentication type to "PAP" but if I only enter the AP name (no username or password), the authentication type button turns to NONE in grey (inactive) and then I'm not able to change it.

I contacted them to report this issue and they also suggested to install the opera browser and gave me the instructions, but that's for previous BB models not for those with BB10 operating system (there's no opera compatible with it yet, right?)

I got back to them saying that none of their solutions work and they recommended me to contact BB to see why I'm not being able to set up my mobile internet connection.

I would really appreciate it if someone could look into this and help me solve it.

thanks a lot in advance