Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: q5
My Carrier: dolphin

contact names half displayed

I just purchased blackberry q5 phone and i transferred around 400 contacts from nokia n73 to q5 via bluetooth. Once the transfer was complete, i found that few names in the q5 contact list were partialy shown but when i tap on the name, the full name is shown. Few names appear to fade out after 4 or 5 characters , so in order to display full name and i tap every half faded name and saved without making any change to get the fulll clear name in the contact list. Does this happen often or to anyone?

As soon as i inserted the micro sim to the q5, i received a weird message from"54". The message consisted of random symbols which are not understandable by normal people. Is it weird this happened? Is something wrong with my q5 or its a glitch?

How any of you encountered such problems?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: contact names half displayed

It could be there are some special characters in the ported names causing problems, try editing one of them and replacing the name with exactly the same name but typed on the Q5 and see if it makes any difference?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor

Yea it did work.. In the case of text message, the name of the sender and its message preview is shown. In the preview only one line is shown and at the end of the line , the few characters start fading. Is this normal? 

I am able to receive message from others but i am not able to send one. I tried sending message to my other number but the message was never delivered. How do i check whether the message is delivered or not?

New Contributor

What happens if i switch off BBM in message settings? I am very new to blackberry OS. Please guide me through the obstacles.
New Contributor

How to download apps to my q5?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

One question per thread please, if you think one of the answers has solved your original posting then mark it as the solution.

As it's a quickie apps can be downloaded using BlackBerry World.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.