Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: ee
Accepted Solution

faulty sim card re

I have only had my Q5 two month my sim card reader is faulty abd no longer is able to detect any sim card what so ever plus I've already sent it off to moblie workshop.com who I payed £30 too fix n have basically returned it untouched and said it had. Been fixed woteva I'm so frustrated with this and previous blackberry's I've had eg Z10, can anybody advise me were is the best and cheapest place to have my entire sim card reader replaced asap? So made up my mind already too return to relable iphone 6 on its realise and sadly never look back
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: faulty sim card re

This usually happens when you use a sim card adapter in the device. Inserting a cheap adapter can damage the sim card pins and make the device unusable. You will have to find a local shop to fix it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!