Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

My Device: q5
My Carrier: etisalat egypt

network issue

hi,

i got a bb q5 4 days ago and i am having a big problem with the network.

- sometimes i have coverage and i got smss saying that someone tried to call me and i am off coverage area.

- sometimes i get a call and when i want to answer it i get the message " network currently unavailabe please try again"

- when i try to make a call ( and i have a full network to the roof) either the above message or network error then network blacks out and i get a red cross on the network signal as if the sim was removed,

please tell me if its a software issue ( i hope so) and if there is a solution for it.

if not ( which i dont hope so) this device place is in the bin and i have a huge apology to make to apple and samsung for preffering this instead. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: network issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: airtel

I exactly have the same problem. I was using an iphone till now with no issues. This has something to do with the handset. Someone needs to help

Please advise. Is there a return policy. I bought it less than 48 hours ago

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

eyemthebest wrote:

This has something to do with the handset.

How, exactly, do you know that?

eyemthebest wrote:

Someone needs to help

Did you even attempt what is already posted above in this thread? Including contacting your mobile service provider for formal support?

eyemthebest wrote:
Is there a return policy. I bought it less than 48 hours ago

Not being party to your purchase contract, I have no way to know what terms it included. If it included a return policy, then yes. If it did not, then no. Your purchase contract is a matter between you and the immediate seller to you...that is where all of your terms and conditions are documented. No one here is a party to that contract, and therefore cannot know the answer to that question.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,

I am not sure if you work for blackberry. However, if your idea of reply is to mock people, please STOP doing that. We post here to seek help and not to hear people mocking. In case you missed the point i have been a active user for IPHONE with the same service provider and same network for a year. Suddenly after a change in handset the NETWORK provide is an ISSUE ???? Sorry, it is high time companies accept mistakes.

So in case you have a really good solution, please reply , else Thanks but no THANKS

Regards

Manish

Hall of Famer III

Goodness, I certainly did not mean to mock nor offend you...if I have done so, I certainly do apologize.

When you re-read my posts, including the auto-sig, you will notice that I state clearly that I do not work for BlackBerry. When you re-read the Ts and Cs of this site (to which you agreed), you will further notice that all BlackBerry employees are specifically identified by their avatar, username, and other means. Further still you may have noticed that this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers trying to help each other out; it is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for any purposes...such is also in the Ts and Cs, plus supported by this banner displayed at the top of nearly every page of the site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Further still, you may have noticed that the subject line of this thread is "network issue"...and you stated quite clearly in your first post in this thread that you "have exactly the same problem". Those two things combined imply an issue with the network provider, which is your mobile service provider. Hence, my inquiry into how exactly you deduced your "exact same" issue to be handset related rather than service related, as well as my recommendation for you to make the same attempts that were previously listed in the thread. If your issue was not "exactly the same", then perhaps you should have created a new thread as well as not stated it was "exactly the same", so as to not confuse the good volunteers who would like to try and help you.

What you further perhaps have not understood is that the support model for Apple devices and that for BlackBerry devices is not the same. With Apple, they have a support model where the manufacturing company themselves provide some front line support to their end users. It is not the same for BlackBerry. Support for BlackBerry starts with the mobile service provider, authorized service centers, the original place of purchase, or other assigned entities -- it varies by region and issue, and is specifically determined as part of the original purchase contract between the buyer and seller, and can be modified at that time from the support level that BlackBerry will provide on the back end. But end users have no channel to seek formal support directly from BlackBerry (well, not for free)...rather, per their contract, the end user must start with the appropriate entity (service provider, reseller, service center, etc.), and that entity has the ability to formally escalate cases that need enhanced support up to BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

And hence then my referring you back to your contract for the answers to the specific question you asked about "return policy". There is no standard purchase contract...each contract is a matter between buyer and seller. I have no idea who the seller to you was, but I am relatively certain it wasn't any of the volunteers here. Hence, my referral to you to refer to your specific purchase contract to find the answer to your "return policy" question.

If you indeed have the "exact same issue" as this thread had started with, then I remain recommending you to conduct the steps noted prior to your post in this thread. If you do not have the "exact same issue", then I encourage you to state more clearly what your issue really is, and we can have the mods split this discussion out to it's own thread and cease hijacking the OPs thread with off-topic discussions.

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi dude,

I am also facing the same issue with my phone. I have tried all the possible solutions from myside to recover the network issue with my Q5. But I am not successful in resolving the issue.

It's about six months that I have bought this phone, Is there any process of exchanging the handset atleast.

please help in this context.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

svmkrishna wrote:

Hi dude,

I am also facing the same issue with my phone. I have tried all the possible solutions from myside to recover the network issue with my Q5. But I am not successful in resolving the issue.

It's about six months that I have bought this phone, Is there any process of exchanging the handset atleast.

please help in this context.

Hello,

Given what you describe, formal support is what you require, which you do not obtain in this user-to-user forum. We cannot know the terms of your contract, so we cannot know what the process of exchanging for you might be. You must contact your service provider, your original place of purchase, an authorized service center, or some other entity for formal assistance -- the method varies by region of the world, so we cannot know exactly which process applies to you. If you start with your original place of purchase and/or mobile service provider, they should be able to guide you to the proper formal support channel for you.

Good luck!