Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q5

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Orange

problem to unlock my Q5

[ Edited ]

My blackberry Q5 won't get unlock after many tries. Indeed I have tried many times to unlock my phone with the IMEI number by following the instructions with a professionnal from a mobile store. I got from my carrier the unlock number (MEP code) that I have entered into the blackberry and everything goes well (phone says number is right) but my phone doesn't unlock and I lost a try (I have 10 tries in total). I only have 6 left now !
A professional told me this is because the phone is 3 months old and is not in blackberry data base yet. Is that possible ? PLease I need your help to unlock my phone as quickly as possible.
Here is my EMEI number : {REMOVED}
Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Mod Edit: Edited post to remove personal information to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

My Device: 10 Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: problem to unlock my Q5

You should go to the cell phone plan carrier.  Maybe the professional you mentioned was the person from your cell phone service provider.    Once you  use up the 10 allowable wrong entries you have to see the service provider again. Have you registered your blackberry with at protect.blackberry.com?  that would be a registration that might loosen things up.  No guarantees.