Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0 won't install

Hi,

I'm trying to install Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0 on Windows 7 64-bit. Every time I try to install, it gets to installing fonts, and then stops. I've let it sit for over 2 hours, and it doesn't do anything.

BBThemeStudio5InstallError

Is this an known issue, or just something weird with my computer? I've used a restore point, and tried to reinstall multiple times and nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0 won't install

We currently don't have official support for 64bit operating systems or Windows 7.  This is likely where the problem lies.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

You are lucky to have made it that far.  I can't even get it to install at all.

New Developer
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

I am having a different kind of issue. Hopefully someone can help.  I cannot get it to install at all.  It starts up and says installing InstallAnywhere.  It gets to 99%, then asks me to choose a different location to extract InstallAnywhere.  I actually got it to install once, but it would popup errors for InstallAnywhere when I tried to open the simulators from within the program.  Can anyone help?  I am running XP sp3

New Developer
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: verizon

i am having the same problem it stops on the same screen.. i run vista... will it work on xp? is there a patch... will there be a patch for vista?

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I don't know why it worked for me but i had no issues at all installing in windows 7, 64 bit. Then again, I don't have an "authentic" copy . Did you try to install to another machine and copy the program folder and fonts to the appropriate directories?

New Developer
My Device: Tour9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Hey guys, i'm having the same problem, I have XP on my computer, I downloaded the theme app, and everytime I try to open it, it keeps asking me to choose a different location for download, what that does mean, i went through the whole list and it keeps asking me the same question, Please help.

New Developer
My Device: Tour9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Can someone help, I'm having the same problem, everytime i tried to open the file, it keeps asking me to choose a different location to download file, I have an XP system, Thanks

New Developer
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problems only when I try to install it just comes up as a blank screen... any ideas? or any other program I can try?

New Developer

I successfully installed Theme Studio on Windows 7 by finding the downloaded file in Windows Explorer, right-clicking on it, selecting PropertiesCompatibility tab, and then checking the "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP" option. Installed without any errors and runs fine.