Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Calendar Today Item columns and widths - Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks;

I'm using the BB Theme Studio 5.0 to create a theme. The theme is being deployed on a Bold 9000 running OS 5.0.0.411.

In the theme home page, I have placed a Calendar Today Item with 6 rows. It words "correctly", however, the items are formatted with 3 columns - Date, Subject, and Location. Unfortunately, the location takes up a huge amount of space and for my theme not needed. I'd like to be able to control the columns, either the widths or which columns get included. I haven't found a way to do this in the software. With respect to the theme I'm making, I'd prefer only 2 columns - Date and Subject, with Subject having the largest width.

Removing the location from my actual appointments (so that the location doesn't get filled in the Today Item) is also not an option as the location has all our business meeting location/conference details.

Digging around the .cod files that get created on export, I see several lines which look roughly like this:

xx-object:/layout?width=341&height=20&ids=calendar1subject;calendar1location&&spacing=8&firstsectionwidth=83&ellipsis=... a bunch of binary and text ...

Hand editing the .cod files renders non-usable files (no surprises, compiled code isn't really supposed to be edited). However, the above tells me there is some logic to it all, including widths and items to include.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks,

Devin

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Calendar Today Item columns and widths - Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0

I have experienced the same issue and it's driving me nuts.  The location field is entirely too long making any calendar entry with a location virtually useless.  I've discovered this issue does not exist when using Plazmic Theme Builder 4.7, however when I use this version of theme builder there are a bunch of other things that do not display correctly on my Bold 9700.

Essentially what I am trying to do is horizontally resize the calendar today item to allow for an additional zen icon (weather) to be placed to the right, however when using theme builder 4.7 the calendar text overflows the screen position regardless of the size.  There has to be a way to have the best of both worlds!

Any info on the original calendar column issue in 5.0 would be greatly appreciated,  but I would settle for a workaround on my 4.7 issue at this point.

Thanks

Ryan