Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't Load Created Themes onto my Blackberry!!!

Hi, I am having trouble sending my created themes to my blackberry.  I have the 9630 Tour with 4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81).  Whenever I click the button to export, and select the option "Export to Desktop Manager, and try to load the theme, this error comes up: " the This Application Is Not Compatible With Your Device and Cannot Be Loaded".  I am using the Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0.  I make sure that I am using the 9600 device and 4.7 operating system.  Before I upgraded to the BB Theme Studio 5.0, I was using Plazmic 4. 7 and they uploaded fine.  I have even deleted the BB Theme Studio 5.0 and reinstalled the Plazmic 4.7 and it stil will not load them.  Using BB Theme Studio, I try to preview on my BB device and it says it is in Option -> Themes, but it isn't there.  Any suggestions?

New Developer

Re: Can't Load Created Themes onto my Blackberry!!!

Well, finally got my theme to load!!  I guess you can't have any "warnings"  on your theme.  Now I have a question about the icons.  I changed the icons for my menu page, but the downloads, instant messaging, games, applications, and setup are just generic looking folders, not the icons that I changed them to.  Anyone know how to fix this problem?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Currently, folder icon theming is only supported in 5.0 BBs, ie. Storm2, Bold 9700.

New Developer
My Device: Tour 9630

Search your computer for the icons.  They are there, hidden nicely away.  You can then drag the image to the respective icon space.  Or, you can reset the entire application list to default and only change the background image which will leave the default folder icons intact.  Or you can create your own custom icon folder images and use them.

If I need a portable computer, I'll just use my Blackberry.
Highlighted
New Developer

How do I upgrade to 5.0?  Is that why my default inbox and folders aren't showing up as the icons I changed them too?