Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Command line args for Composer?

Hello

Newbee here, please be patient

In theme builder (Edit->Preferences->Applications) I changed the Default Image editor to use GIMP. Now I want to change it back to Composer but cannot for the life of me find documentation for the arguments needed to send the currently edited image name to composer. I did a lot of searches and tried all kinds of composer -? /help etc etc. I sure regret not saving a copy of the defaults. Please respond if you happen to have an answer. Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Re: Command line args for Composer?

Hi LazyCal,

If your planning to change your default image editor to composer, then all you have to do is go to Edit>Preferences>Applications and then for the image editor you can copy and paste the address for 'composer.exe'.

For example, if i was to change my default image editor to composer, i would use this path:

'C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Theme Studio 6.0\bin\composer.exe'

I hope this solves you problem,

Regards,

Flow

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

New Contributor

Thanks for responding Flow!

I have done that, but I thought you had to put in an argument so that the item you are editing so that it can be passed as a filename...like composer.exe "%1" ..No?

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

As far as I know, you dont need to. The file you choose to open, will open up in composer as the same file name.

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Highlighted
New Contributor

OK...let me give it another shot. Maybe I am just being dense. Will let you know the results.