Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Dual Homescreen and small icons

hey everyone.

i had a question about creating a dual screen on the tour.  I have seen a theme that when over the calendar a transparent screen pops up above the home screen and displays events. same with messages and sms etc.  how is this done? is there a tutorial somewhere....i have searched google....thanks everyone.

other question is how to have icons resize automatically. i have a theme that has 4 icons on the left side of HS that are a quarter of the size of the others and i can add any icon app there. how do i get these icons to be minimized so to say like in the described theme.

thanks eeryone 

New Developer

Re: Dual Homescreen and small icons

The section for the pop up you are asking about is called a today screen which comes up when you access the applications you ask about. It is within the Theme builder software and is located on the second tab down called Theme the home screen if you hover over it. Under Theme Extras section you will see the box to check Today Area. If you notice when you check the box there is an image there you can change for the focus object. If you make that image smaller you can adjust the size of the today area.

New Developer

THIS IS AWESOME! I'm going to have to check this out!!

thanks for the info!

Highlighted
New Developer

jbrill1012 wrote:

The section for the pop up you are asking about is called a today screen which comes up when you access the applications you ask about. It is within the Theme builder software and is located on the second tab down called Theme the home screen if you hover over it. Under Theme Extras section you will see the box to check Today Area. If you notice when you check the box there is an image there you can change for the focus object. If you make that image smaller you can adjust the size of the today area.

Hi I created a theme and I was trying to get the hidden today function you were referencing here.. but when I activate the "today area" and try to export I get the following error.

Errors:
Homescreen Focus:  Error writing the resource to disk. Please ensure that you have sufficient disk space and permissions and try again.

when I export the theme with out the "today area" activated I have no errors. If it helps I have also added the hidden dock although I know it is possible to have both a hidden dock and today area because I have one on my phone alrready.. I'm wondering is there something I am doing wrong? Also the hidden dock works fine when exported.