Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Help needed in Theme Builder

I have been using Plazmic and gotten decent at it.  Last night I downloaded Theme Builder and I can not get my themes onto my phone.  I have tried both ways of exporting it to my desktop, loading the .alx and .cod files onto my SD card and then using File Scout to open the .alx file.  It does not recognize what to do with the .alx file.  I have tried exporting directly to my BB and it says it worked sucesfully but when I go to look for it under options>themes it is not there, even though Theme Builder says it was just put there.  I tried QuickPulling after that and nothing. I made sure I have the correct phone model and target os. I am hoping I can get some help.  I guess I could stick to Plazmic but I really want to use Theme Builder.

New Developer

Re: Help needed in Theme Builder

Well, I just figured it out. I had actually not made a NEW theme in Theme Builder.  I was only opening up my existing themes made in Plazmic in Theme Builder.  When Theme Builder read my .thm files from Plazmic it was reading that I had a Bold 9700 when I actually have a Tour 9630.  I will have to re-build my themes in Theme Builder, but at least I have it figured out.

Highlighted
New Developer

you shouldn't have to rebuild the entire theme jsut create a

"new theme" for your model BB

then

"import" you old theme into that new theme you created. (CLICK: "file>import")

you can then export for your device and be all good

New Developer

Hello.  You seem very familiar with building themes and I am desperate to figure this thing out.  I downloaded the app and cannot seem to get the theme I created over to my bb.  I have the new 9700 and although there are tons of literature and videos of making the themes I cannot find anything about exporting them to the phone.  I want to just plug it up and transfer it.  Could you please find it in your heart to help me Smiley Happy  I have made the theme and am just at the point where I need to get it to my phone Smiley Happy  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Veronica

New Developer

Hi Veronica,

Once you've created your theme, simply connect your BB via USB cable, then

1) go to File -> Export, select "Install to BlackBerry"

2) Type in a theme name and password to your BB, if any

3) Click OK, and the theme will be loaded into your BB. A dialog will pop up and ask if you want to activate the theme.

Developer

This is something I've recently noticed with Theme Builder 5.0.

If you originally created an 8900 or 9600 theme in Theme Builder 4.7, then reopen it in the 5.0 tool, it will create it as a 9700 theme file by default.

This is further complicated by the fact that in the 5.0 tool, creating a 9700 theme only gives you an option to export as either 9700 or 9600.  If you want an 8900 theme, you will have to open a new 8900 theme file and import the original theme into it.

Driving mobile personalization @ Access Lane.
Find over 300 Access Lane themes @ AppWorld.
Follow the artist @ Deviantart.com.
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Hi, I need help loading themes to my bb, everytime I choose export it says: Please connect the correct blackberry and try again... I have the bb Bold 9650

Developer
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Bonesie wrote:

Hi, I need help loading themes to my bb, everytime I choose export it says: Please connect the correct blackberry and try again... I have the bb Bold 9650

Chances are you will not be able to export directly to your BlackBerry Bold 9650 until there is an update to Theme Studio since it does not currently support the device, although themes exported for install through Desktop Manager or OTA for the 9700 "should" technically work on your device.