Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Issues - Plenty!

So I got my tour this week in mail and I so excited. Absolutely love the phone period but I have issues with plazmic and its simulators. For one I am getting the same error message as the other people. Simulator loads but won't show. I have also noticed that there are a few issues with the theme meaning I've exported it to test and the images for the "theme the phone screens" aren't working like the 8900 or other devices (keep showing the default theme images). So obviously its a TOUR issue and I love my phone! Smiley Sad

Hopefully we can get another update out that works.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Issues - Plenty!

[ Edited ]

Hi dollamor,

The patch to the 4.7 CDK was specifically released to support the Tour.  However changes that were made to the Tour's OS make it so that without many underlying changes, the phone screens cannot be Themed the way you like.  

These features will all be enabled in their full capacity in an upcoming release. We felt that it was more important to get the support for Tour themes for 90% of Theming functionality than making everyone wait for the major underlying changes that would be needed.

It can be tricky matching up the Theme tooling release to an ever changing device rollout schedule.  But rest assured, we are doing everything we can to make sure that full Theming support for new devices is available when that new device hits the streets.

Message Edited by tneil on 09-19-2009 05:25 AM
Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Well thank you so much. I'm happy to read that. I appreciate it. I just wanted to know if you guys are working on it cause I love my Blackberry and I love making themes. I know that you guys wanted to let us know that you will not leave the Tour people out. But that's great news for me. I'm being patient cause I understand.
Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

When can we expect another updated version so us as theme developers can give the Tour users a full theme?

Thanks in advance for your response

Shelly

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The next version of the CDK is in Beta right now with partners.  In most cases, the latest CDK will have devices that have not yet been announced publicly, so our CDK Beta's are held with partners under NDA.

Let's just say you should be looking for lots of announcements close to the Developer Conference on Nov 9 - 12 Smiley Happy

Also, if you want to get hands on with help from our actual CDK developers on the latest and greatest, be sure to head down to the Developer Conference.  There will be lots of hands on labs, tutorials and sessions. 

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter