Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Just a few Issues

I downloaded the Theme Studio 6 Beta last week and have been toying around with it.

I finally managed to start building a theme recently but I'm having a problem when I try to export it:

Errors: 
Lock Screen Landscape: The following objects are outside the allowed boundaries:
 Lock
 Owner
 Information
Warnings: 
Profiles Icon height is greater than its width; the Profiles Icon will be clipped.

Errors: Lock Screen Landscape: The following objects are outside the allowed boundaries: Lock Owner Information
Warnings: Profiles Icon height is greater than its width; the Profiles Icon will be clipped.

I have no idea what this means or how to resolve it.

Also, my Preview with Simulator function does no seem to work. I went into setting and searched but it does not seem to find the one I installed.

Any Ideas on how to fix these issues?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Just a few Issues

As for things being outside the boundaries, when your have a green box around the item you are moving, that green box has to be inside the screen section it belongs to. As an example, you can't have the timie from your banner on the bottom of the screen outside the zone.

For the profiles icon, choose to edit the original so you can see what size it is. Make your icon the same proportions as the original or one side will be clipped. It will scale a larger or smaller down, but the proportions need to be the same.

The simulator is one of the buggiest things I have seen in a long time. Start it manually outside of thembuilder then close it so it can be found. Evidently thembuilder is not loading a service correctly. Then under edit in theme builder, choose simulators and select it.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Just a few Issues

Thanks for the reply.

I fixed the icon problem, but as far as the boundaries thing, I'm still stumped.

I have even taken a screen shot of an unmodified theme to see if I can get  the location right, but to no avail. I really want to export this theme so I can see it in action.