Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Landscape Home Screen svg issues

I am, obviously, using Theme Studios 5.0 and creating theme for the Storm. I already have a perfectly working animation (svg) on the Portrait Home Screen. Now when I put a second svg file on the Landscape Home Screen, the following issues occurred:

1)the portrait home screen animation icons sometime open, sometime not. And they behave erratically.
2)the TIME font blue highlight is shorten to a square instead of covering the whole font
3)the Storm started slowing down big time

Basically, putting an svg file in for the Landscape Home Screen causes weird bevior on the Portrait Home Screen.

The Landscape animation file was first created with the canvas size of 480x360 and this caused huge problems on the Portrait Home screen. I then created another svg with 360x480 for the Landscape Home Screen and this help a bit, but the Portrait Home Screen still does not work as expected.

Anyone run into this? Got any solutions to make the Landscape Home Screen animation work without causing problem for the Portrait Home Screen?

Did RIM even test this out? Can the phone handle two svg files in each Home Screen?

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Landscape Home Screen svg issues

So, I found that there's a huge bug in the SVG implementation of Theme Studio 5.  The svg on the Portrait Home Screen is carried over to the Landscape Home Screen.  For example, if you create a hidden button to launch an app in the middle of the Portrait Home Screen, then go to the Landscape Home Screen and click  in the middle of the Storm, that hidden button will launch the same app. 

Beside that, there are tons of other bugs in Theme Studio 5!