Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

I just came across an article that may prove to be useful from the BlackBerry developer's blog that explains how to convert a Theme Studio 6 theme into a BB 7 one: http://bit.ly/AhuJW0

Let me know what you guys think about that and if it's helpful at all :-)
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

most of it is useless... you can already find all of that on CrackBerry. and even some template users have created.

http://forums.crackberry.com/theme-developers-f115/os-7-theme-tutorial-675948/

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, curve and pearl
My Carrier: Hutchinson 3G-UK

Hi i am a theme developer (ProGold themes)

Everyone i know has a theme on their phone and those who dont are people who didnt know how to install a theme.

Even if you dont have time to make a theme builder or dont have plans on letting developers sell themes for BB10/PlayBook in the App World, Please make it possible for Developers to Design and sell themes on their own sites.

I am only saying this because I love BlackBerry and i would happily give up any little profit i make on my themes to stop BlackBerry going bankrupt and by making everyone have the same home screen and menus is exactly what Android and Apple are doing.

BlackBerry users are not sheep and dont all want the same phone, we like variety and themes are a way of expressing a persons favourite objects or idols.

If you disallow themes for your future devices i know it will come back and bite you RIM.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, curve and pearl
My Carrier: Hutchinson 3G-UK

RIM needs to start listening to its Customers, Users and Developers, because i know 2 other big mobile platforms that do listen!

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vzw

The lack of TB7 shows clearly that RIM just doesn't care anymore and is totally out of touch with their real loyal user base.  RIM needs to understand that hardware is a dime a dozen.  It's the software user interface that sells.  

The keyboard on my 9930 is still the best out there but my iPhone 4S is beating it in every other way.  

After 7 years of being a loyal hardcore defender of RIM, it's just about time to move on.

Contributor
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

Theme's for BlackBerry are dead come BB10.

https://twitter.com/#!/BlackBerryDev/statuses/198073487468920834

Which proves this thread is useless. Since it's been around for a while now and yet still killing off themes. Smiley Happy

Yay RIM!
Contributor

Further proof that RIM is dying a slow death.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I made this thread so that developers can show they want to keep developing themes for the BlackBerry platform. Instead of complaining I encourage each and everyone one of you to come up with ideas on how themes can be incorporated into BB10. Even though RIM employees might not see this thread we still have each other and together I believe we can make some sort of impact.

Thanks to everyone who has posted and let's keep this thread alive with positiveness Smiley Wink

-Pootermobile
Contributor

Agreed.  But the question is how will this happen without RIM's support?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

xsacha (apologies to him if I spelled that wrong) proved theming BB10 is mad easy (with root) I really can't imagine it being hard for RIM to get themes rolling for BB10.

I also think it'd be a good PR move. It'd really go well with this big push for improving dev relations. And it'd ease the pain for BBOS users who are losing their OS, there are many wonderous things about the BBOS, and yes, being able to buy themes without needing to root/jailbreak is one of those things...

Fingers crossed they change their mind sometime this year.