Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, curve and pearl
My Carrier: Hutchinson 3G-UK

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

By the way this is going they have already decided, and I honestly think that getting rid of the themes is going to lose RIM a lot of money.... They make 30% off every theme sold and I haven't seen a queue for any new blackberry products which means they have to make they're money somewhere. 

And I am not slating RIM in any way it's just I'm starting to look into other phones instead of constantly telling myself it will get good again, I have had a blackberry since around 15 years old and now at 21 I think they are just reaching out to older people. The themes are really the only thing young people are into, I mean I had an email from a customer of mine saying my theme was the thing that stopped her trading in her torch for an iphone.

And me buying the PlayBook was so I could customize it and make themes and apps but it's just a good looking brick at the moment, looks the same as every other playbook. If I was to leave it on a table with 3 other playbooks I wouldn't be able to tell which is mine.

RIM! LISTEN UP! WE NEED THEMES! 

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, curve and pearl
My Carrier: Hutchinson 3G-UK

THEME (beam) ME UP RIM (scotty) 

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Bags are useful

Look at what @alecSaunders just tweeted to me:

"In closed beta now"

I origannly asked:

"Is theme builder 7 in the works"

Closed beta? what?

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Vzw

TheFlowFX wrote:

Look at what @alecSaunders just tweeted to me:

"In closed beta now"

I origannly asked:

"Is theme builder 7 in the works"

Closed beta? what?

Closed Beta implies that a functional application exists with possible flaws, and is being tested by a small group of people.    I don't buy it because this was the case in August of 2011.  So if RIM has been in Closed Beta for 9 months, they are more incompetant that I thought.  Or they aren't planning to release it at all.  In which case, they need to grow some balls and just state that so we're not all waiting around for it.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm hoping they release it sometime before BB OS 12. Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Everyone really needs to stop for a few seconds and thank RIM for actually listening to us in the first place to WANT to put together a theme builder.

Themes, to me, is a life style. Everyone loves to customize their world from the pc, to the car, to phones, to tablets, the list goes on. RIM has listened to us about TB7. We have lived with a work around for some time and will continue to do so until we actually have the theme builder on our PCs.

A closed beta is better than no beta. Quit biting the hands that feed you and for 10 minutes of your life, be thankful that a company, a very very large company, is listening to their developers.

BB10 on the other hand - yeah, you might want to think about creating application.... there wont be "theme" (per say). 

PS - I created www.bbthemelab.com because I love themes....and surprises. (inside joke)

Highlighted
Contributor

The TB7 Beta rumour has been around for a while.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

well, maybe it is actually here................................who knows.

Contributor

I really hope so.  My OS6 BB isn't going to last forever. Smiley Happy

I can't get a new one until I can write a theme I can see.

By the way, you and your site were a big help to me.  I wrote a Torch 9800 theme for people with low vision.

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

Are they really listening bbthemelab? At this rate TB7 won't be available until they've killed off theming with BB10. And if there's enough outcry about themes to prompt them to even release TB7 then why kill it off in BB10?