Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Looking Ahead: Theme Studio for OS7 and QNX

[ Edited ]

It was both, actually. My 7.1 users were the only ones able to download the themes b/c I'd set export control for OS6 devices. I'd just been telling the 7.1 users to downgrade. And btw, I'm a chick! (-;

Contributor
My Device: 9900 and PlayBook

Ahhh! That explains the whole problem then. Smiley Happy

Haha Smiley Tongue I'm kidding of course Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree! If there were more women employed by RIM, TB7 would be out already! We might even be living high on the hog like those iphone and droid developers! (=
Contributor

Apparently (generally speaking) BB devs have a better shot of living high on the hog. I'm inclined to believe it too. Numerous time's I've paid higher prices for an app compared to iOS/Android. Easy to charge more when the userbase is starving for quality hah.
Developer
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

For me personally the money is far better on Android, I do sell for a lower price on that platform but the volume is far greater plus I can theme so many more things from keyboards to texting apps to home screen apps to calendar widgets to anything you can imagine.
Contributor

I have very little experience with Android, just the PlayBook (rooted with Zeam launcher) and a Wildfire S (HTC Sense) and in my opinion Android is ugly. So maybe themers are more in desire over there. Haha

I'm intrigued by this keyboard theming though... Wouldn't mind seeing that available on the PlayBook at some point. If ever RIM allows themes. As far as I know it's not do-able now (with root) Smiley Sad
Developer

I will refrain from starting a platform vanity contest here but I'm happy that with Android I can literally make my phone look however I want..... without dredging through  defunct SVG code (Just Sayin)

Some_Assembly_Required2.png

Contributor

Haha. Oh no doubt I'm sure with that level of customize-ability it could look insanely nice... Could easily be that it's just Zeam launcher and HTC Sense default that didn't impress me. Never tried a theme for my Wildfire, it's not even compatible with my carrier so I never tweaked it. It's only purpose is to let me buy apks to use on my PlayBook.
Contributor

I'd love to see that level of theme-abiity on the PlayBook though. For sure. (Sorry for the double post, I don't see an "edit" post on mobile... Misclicked and posted the previous post prematurely)
Developer

Yeah adw ex is my launcher of choice, as a theme developer it's nice because I can theme 3rd party app icons. My current base icon set has over 500 icons