Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

My Device: BlackBerry 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Multiple Menu Bars

Hey guys,

I am new to theme developing and I am pretty much getting everything in order to do them but I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as to how to create multiple menu bars.

E.G. on the free animated themes that are found on on App World they have two menu bars. One on the bottom and one on the side and both of them can be hidden.

Im not asking anyone to do it for me but just point me in the right direction, I am pretty good at self teaching myself things, but I have been unable to find much on how to do these things.

Thank you!

Carrie-Lynn

Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Multiple Menu Bars

[ Edited ]

This is all done in composer... you'd make your first hidden dock here's a tutorial

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/hidden-dock-tutorial-256678/  which has a zip with the coding you'll need premade

Then you'd add another layer for the top dock in composer and repeat the hidden docks steps moving the icons to the top, for the one on the top you're going to reverse the numbers in the coding, for example the code below is for the hidden dock on the bottom, the numbers in red will have to be reversed for the upper hidden dock to work so it would look like this to= "0,-100"  instead of  to= "0,100"

Code for bottom hidden dock;

<animateTransform xlink:href="#Buttons" id="_anim_l1" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
      to="0,0" dur="0.5s" 
      fill="freeze"
      begin="Theme_Button_1.focusin" />

<animateTransform xlink:href="#Buttons" id="_anim_d1" attributeName="transform" type="translate"
      to="0,100" dur="0.5s" 
      fill="freeze"
      begin="Theme_Button_1.focusout" />          

Hope this has helped a bit! You can also find video tutorials as well just do a google search

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com