Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Port and Landscape homescreen overlap??

[ Edited ]

So I have made two different svg files for a new theme I have created, one for the port home screen and one for the land. Both home screens have four hotspot buttons on the bottom to launch browser,options,sms, and messages. The issue I am having is ...

it seems like my land svg file is overlaying the port svg file. The position the land svg file buttons would be in if it was active while the phone was in port are still there. The actual buttons are not visible, but if i click in that position it will open the buttons hotspot. 

Has anyone ever had this issue?? Does anyone know of a work around??

BTW ... The theme is for the 95XX series (Storm and Storm 2)

Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Port and Landscape homescreen overlap??

Hi wanderer82680

Try putting this at the bottom of your portrait SVG file just before the last </svg> tag …  

<set xlink:href="#Layer_1"  attributeName="display"   to="none"   begin="custom(oc_to_landscape)"  end="custom(oc_to_portrait)"/>

… and this at the bottom of your landscape svg file, just before the last </svg> tag.

<set xlink:href="#Layer_1"  attributeName="display"   to="none"   begin="custom(oc_to_portrait)"  end="custom(oc_to_landscape)"/>

I’m guessing that “Layer_1” is the name of the wrapper svg group for your theme buttons.  I believe Composer gives the first layer this name.

Bring the SVG files back into ThemeBuilder and retry it on your device.

Hope it helps.

New Developer
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Port and Landscape homescreen overlap??

I believe that did the trick, Thanks!!!  Is this elycruz of ethemes from crackberry?? If so thanks from Ryan of R&R Themes.