Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Selling on App World

I have made a couple of themes and would like to put them on App world. I was wondering if anyone had some success stories to share.

I am trying to set some realistic expectations for my self. Before I pay the vendor application fee I was just looking for a range of numbers of downloads that other developers have had.

I am not looking for specifics or dollar amounts, just a very general idea of what to expect.

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Selling on App World

I wish I had an answer for you, but I am also looking for this answer. I designed some themes as well and cannot find information to post on App World so all BB users will see and not just users of certain community sites. Do you know what the developer fee costs? Thanks in advance!

Developer
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Bell

The developer fee is $200

More info on appworld is here  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/appworld/ 

I dont think you'll get developers to tell you how much they make on appworld, to be honest i wouldn't tell you either, thats just how business works i guess..

But if you worry about the developer fee... you'll make it back pretty fast..

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Thanks for the information. I don't want to know what developers make, i just want to know how to do it. Do you have a link or information from start to end.... like.... i designed a theme, want to post in AppWorld, get paid for the theme, support the theme. Do you know how it works for payment and stuff like that. Thanks again!

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8530

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling nobody would be interested in sharing that kind of info.  I do find it encouraging that you believe I can make the $200 back!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I hope that is possible to get back the $200 I just sing up on the App World but I'm having some mixed feelings because there is no news about Theme Builder for OS6.0 but we'll see... 

Developer

seriously... $200 is insane!

sell them elsewhere. I do! They should NOT charge devs to sell apps, they should just take a little % like everyone else does.

for all your theming needs go to http://bbthemelab.com
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I think the developers can easily get back the registration fees of 200 dollars by selling some decent enough themes.

Intellect Dimensions
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/3131/
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

I would like to know what do I need to start as vendor at the appworld selling themes. As far as I know, I need to owe the images and prove the rights about the images... How can I prove that the used images in the themes are mine?

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

if you are selling some decent themes, it will be extremely easy to make that $200 and more.  Keyword is "decent". Don't expect a theme that you whipped up in a day or two to go gang busters.  But it is worth it as you will sell a lot more themes than any other distributor and you can sell them for higher prices.