Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Simulator versions

Greetings! My first post here, be gentle please Smiley Wink

I've just downloaded the Plazmic CDK v4_7 and proceded with getting the Simulator for it but couldn't seem to find the exact version to support my version of the the phone (or at least that's what I think).

My phone (Curve 8900) appears to be: v4.6.1.168

Does this have to match against the Simulator version?

(Eventually) I did download the BlackBerry_Simulators_4.6.1.199

I'm worried that this simulator might not be reflecting my phone version, therefore breaking something up when I actually import a newly made Theme.

Any thoughts? 

Regardos

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simulator versions

The first three digits of BlackBerry handheld software (4.6.1) are the important ones.  Applications and themes designed for 4.6.1 should operate on any 4.6.1.x version.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: 9500, 8520, 8900

Re: Simulator versions

hi there, i have also come across this issue many a time, but normally (key word that!!) the themes are fine, however sometimes it does come out a little different, now apart from testing on a handset yourself, id say there are several blackberry forums which have lots of members that are willing to `beta test` themes, so that is ultimatley the way i do things, as you can never be too sure.

now im guessing you have a uk vodafone curve based on your OS level, which i also use, and i use the .199 version of the simulator and havent yet on the curve noticed any changes apart from one piece of info i would give, that the simulator never does do, is the `in call` screen sometimes overlaps the banner which sits at the bottom of the screen, the work around for this, is rather than using a .png file for your image, convert the screen image (480x360) to a .gif and that cures it (same for all 4.6 devices) all other images work fine as .png

hope this helps ya out

impossible is nothing