Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

Theme export help needed-OS 5.0 to OS 4.6

When I export a theme for 5.0 I sometimes get requests to also make it for 4.6. When I go in to export, I create a new folder for the 4.6, change the targeted os to 4.6, export and upload my files to the OTA uploader. Everyone says the link works and the download goes through, but when they go in to activate the theme, it's not in their list, which in my experience means the theme is not compatible with either the BB model or OS. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I also had a request to update an existing theme. When I tested it on my BB, it worked perfect, so I created a new folder "Theme Name 5.0 updated", exported the files for the SAME OS it was originally intended for, uploaded and posted the link. I get responses that the updates are not working. So I go in and download it again to my own phone, but using the ota link this time, and sure enough, its not updated. Im not sure  what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to click on the "override existing files" box everytime I try to export an updated theme/OS version of a theme? The simulators don't work for me so there's no other way for me to test and I only have a BB with 5.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II/BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Theme export help needed-OS 5.0 to OS 4.6

Does this happen with all models you try this for, or one specific model?