Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Themes with adjustable fonts

How can I set up my theme to allow users to adjust the font sizes to me their needs?  I have a theme created but some users are reporting the size for menus and options are too small and they can't be adjusted.

Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Themes with adjustable fonts

On the BlackBerry, the user can navigate to Options->Screen/Keyboard and set the Font Size. I believe this sets the global font size for most buttons, lists, dialogs and messages.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

That works for other themes but does not seem to work for mine which would indicate something is hardcoded in what I created.  I selected font sizes when creating it in Theme Builder rather than using the default sizes in the app.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: att

If you want the users of your theme to have the ability to change the fonts on the theme that you make, you have to leave the font as BB alpha sans under "list".  You can't change it to anything else.  You can change the dialog, menu,etc but you have to leave the list part alone.  That's what I noticed in my trial and error because I was having the same problem.

I hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

With all smiles, I am...