Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMO

Third Party Application Button on Custom Theme?

I see that you can do this, but what do I enter in the box where it says "Thrid Party Application Name" to get the button to work?  I've tried entering my app "title" or "module name", but nothing works.  The button is always empty...no icon or action on click.

Developer
My Device: Storm

Re: Third Party Application Button on Custom Theme?

Hello,

Could you be more specific please?

-Luis Fernando

Remember to give Kudos(click on the star at your left) if this helped you.
Click on "Accept Solution" if the problem is resolved.
Espanol? Escribeme un mensaje privado.
New Developer

Well...when you create a "custom" theme (not Zen or Today based), you can control the exact buttons that go on the home screen (mixing Today and Zen items).  One of the options for "Zen" type item is "Third Party Application".  When you use this option, the item settings tell you to enter the "Third Party Application Name" with an example name of "net_rim_bb_qm.Yahoo!Messenger".

So, my question is what is that sample?  Is it the module name of the third party app?  Is it some other class reference?  I've tried both the app title and module name for the application I want to add, but no matter what I've entered, I always end up with an empty button.

New Developer

Anyone?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

I'm not sure who originally posted this, but I found an article that explained how to do it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/how-change-3rd-party-app-icons-plazmic-composer-121794/ From the gist of it if you have apps on your phone that you want, you find the module name and type it in accordingly. Hope that helps

Visitor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: xl

Actually you should import the icon/picture/graphic to the composer, then convert as button, then assign it as 3rd party application by typing the name of the module.

1881iBF2FE1D24798EE9C

This is my example :

I import the facebook, twitter, email and foursquare picture (png), then i converted them as buttons and i assigned 3rd party applications :

facebook ->net_rim_bb_facebook

twitter (blackberry) -> net_rim_bb_twitter

foursquare -> FourSquare

I hope it helps

IDBERRY : Indonesian BlackBerry Themes Community
New Developer

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm after I think.  Those instructions require using "composer" to create an SVG element that you import.  What I'm after is the feature that is in ThemeBuilder 5.  You can add 3rd part app buttons right in the theme builder.  I've tried the module names, but it's not working. 

Developer
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

It should about the same as what idberry posted.
Try using net_rim_bb_facebook and see if that works at all. Facebook is known module to work and you shouldn't be having any problem with it.
If that works you will need to find correct module name for that third party app.
Sometimes those don't work for a reason I cannot explain. Some BlackBerry OS's do not like (or have different) the module names.

Only device that matter...BLACKBERRY
Visit our site: www.bb.3mtb.com
Follow us on Twitter: MusicsBB
Become a fan on Facebook: Music's BlackBerry
New Contributor
My Device: P'9981
My Carrier: VNMobile

Thanks, but how to show icon's name when move trackball to icon third app ?

Ex : iCon Contact -> show text "Contacts"

iCon SMS -> show text "SMS"

icon LichViet ---> show text "Lich Viet" ---> How to ?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

I believe the icon and the name of the application are retrieved automatically by the device once you have loaded the theme and the correct path to the module was specified.  ThemeStudio only shows you a place holder.

I'm not positive of the format of the string but I think its, the name of the applications cod file separated by a ".", and then the title of the application. 

So for the example net_rim_bb_qm.Yahoo!Messenger:

"net_rim_bb_qm" is the name of the applicaitons cod file without the extension and

"Yahoo!Messenger" is the name of the application.

If you have the application installed on your device, you can try to find the name of the application file and title by going to Options->Applications.   You can sort by "Third Party" and then click one of the applications to get its properties .  At the bottom the name of the Module is shown.  The top of the properties tells you the title. 

Hope that helps