Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Themes & Animated Graphics

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

.thm file crashes studio

Hello first time poster, long time reader

I have been developing themes for a while not and normally dont have any issues with theme builder and studio... Whoever this is a mystery to me...

Whenever i try to open 2 .thm files theme studio launches and attemptes to load the file, then freezes and crashes... It doesnt do this with any other thm files i have. just 2 specific ones...

I'm thinking they may be corrupted somehow? Any one have any other ideas?

I have tried opening it by itself, loading a new untitled file, and importing it, having theme studio open and trying to open it... nothing works...

Thoughts?

www.c86themes.com
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry - Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: .thm file crashes studio

Hello,

I am having the same issue with one of my theme files... Have you had any luck with resolving this issue??

Thank You!

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have you exported these themes so that you have access to the .cod and .jad files. If so try opening then in the simulator and see if it works there. If it won't load then I would say it is corrupted. I have had this issue a time or two as  well.

New Developer
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

In the toolbar click: Edit>Preferences>SVG>and make sure the "SVG preview tick-box is off.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Some of the older theme builders used to have an issue where if you do "Save As" a number of times, it basically starts corrupting the theme file.  I had a couple of theme files that after doing many "Save As" operations on, they take 30minutes or longer to simply open (if at all).