Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: 505 HTTP Version not supported

Thanks Marc

I too discovered that the encodedUsername was incorrect, but have not had time to return and fix the issue using the Service Reference.  

I found working code using the proxy classes (and now dealing with all the name collisions, but that's my problem to deal with).

I have to agree that a bad username should be responded to with something more like "Not Authorized" rather than "Unsupported HTTP version"  It is a shame that misleading messages get passed on.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Great investigating folks! Could you let me know what values were send as the encoded username that resulted in the error? A generalized generic example should be fine.

I've experienced sending an incorrect encoded username in the past (sending BAS vs AD encoded name) without this error (I received a 401), so it could be new or a different scenario.

I agree we need to get this fixed and if we can get a bug logged in JIRA (linked in my sig) with the above info I will make sure to get it in front of dev.

Goodbye everybody!
New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Issue has been created: