Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
My Device: dont know
My Carrier: rogers

BAA API 5.0.0 vs. 5.0.1 dto.User.getFailedLoginCount()I NoSuchMethodError

[ Edited ]

We have built a product built using the BAS API 5.0.0.9 that when run against a 5.0.1.30 BES an exception

com.rim.bes.bas.baa.corews.CoreBean method getUser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.rim.bes.bas.dto.User.getFailedLoginCount()I

is thrown!

FailedLoginCountSpecified is checked before calling the method.

That method is in the docs for the 5.0.1 API. It worked fine against our 5.0.0 BES.

What could be going on? The version differences? Wouldn't new versions support older api calls?

Thanks for any help...

Rob.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BAA API 5.0.0 vs. 5.0.1 dto.User.getFailedLoginCount()I NoSuchMethodError

Hi Rob,

The proxy you are using is looking for the User object in package: com.rim.bes.bas.dto

But it is actually located in: com.rim.bes.bas.baa.dto 

It seems like you may need to recreate your proxy. BAA proxies should be forwards compatible.

If recreating the proxy does not would could you confirm the versions of BAA and BAS as found in Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (select each item then select "Click here for support information")

Thanks,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: Several Test Devices
My Carrier: Several

Hey,

I started developing an application using the BAA, too and ran in the same problem:

Caught unhandled RuntimeException in com.rim.bes.bas.baa.corews.CoreBean method getUser - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.rim.bes.bas.dto.User.getFailedLoginCount()I
At line:1 char:19
+ Get-BlackBerryUser <<<<  33
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Smiley Happy [Get-BlackBerryUser], SoapHead
   erException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderExceptio
   n,BlackBerryCmdLet.GetBlackBerryUser

BES Version is 5.0.1 MR1

BAA Version is 5.0.0.26

I already recreated the proxy class.

Is there any solution to this?

Retired

Hi Presch,

So I am sure we are testing the same scenario, could you try running the C# sample in the following article to create a user and let me know if the same issue occurs:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/1608023/How_To_-_Get_...

I was able to run this sample against a BES 5.0.1MR1 and it ran successfully. Let me know your results.

Thanks,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi Garett!

I tried to create a new account resulting in the following:

Caught unhandled RuntimeException in com.rim.bes.bas.baa.corews.CoreBean method createUser - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.rim.bes.bas.usermanager.UserManager.createBlackBerryEnabledUsers([Lcom/rim/bes/bas/dto/UserEnableBlackBerryAttributes;Ljava/lang/StringSmiley WinkLcom/rim/bes/bas/util/MultipleInvocationIdentifiersReturnValue;

Retired

Hi Presch,

I was unable to reproduce this in our environment, it looks as though this occurs when you first install BES 5.0.1 and then install the BAA for BES 5.0.0. BAA is bundled with BES 5.0.1, in 5.0.0 you needed to install this separately. By installing the 5.0.0 BAA into 5.0.1 it causes issues with communication between the BAA and the BAS which would explain why it is returning errors about not being able to find the method being used. 

The way to resolve this would be to re-install the BES 5.0.1 right over the existing install which would repair the BAA and allow it to function as expected again.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Hi Garett.

Your analysis was correct.

It seems our BlackBerry Admin started out with Version 5.0.0 and upgraded to 5.0.1 MR1.

Being a nice admin and all he also installed the API again after the upgrade.

I adviced him to uninstall the API and reinstall the 5.0.1 MR1 version.

After recreating the proxy class everything works just fine now Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot!