Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Http Push

My Requirement:

Create a blackberry client application which can accept push data from server. we are creating the server too. I have the server side and client side code from the httppushdemo provided in JDE. But as per my knowledge, the server should have MDS service running. I did a lot of research fot it and finally i came to know that BES server needs to be installed on the server for this.

Is there any another simple way? because i am facing lots of complexity in installing the BES server. Well, i've installed the BES server but still i cannot get it done with PUSH. Also, i do not want to add device pin manually on the server. When user registers to the server through mobile application, their device pin should automatically add to the server.

Please anyone help me to achieve this. I've tried everything at my end but still i have no solution. Its urgent for me to implement this.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Http Push

Push through the BES is typically just for enterprise based applications (pushing to people within your organization). To push to a consumer application you should look into the BlackBerry Push Services which allows you to push to any user with a BIS account:

Goodbye everybody!