Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Batelco

Deployed corporate app doesn't work - app runs in simulator fine

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where the problem is, when I test my application in the simulator everything is fine, when I publish it to BES app catalog and download it from my corporate BB10 device, it doesn't run for some reason, the screen just jerks to the left and back real quickly, like it is attempting to open but some exception or error is thrown, is this a known problem that can be solved by a specific guideline? 

in QNX System Infromation  i tried to view /accounts/1000-enterprise/appdata using ssh but it says access denied

any help is appreciated 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Deployed corporate app doesn't work - app runs in simulator fine

Does the same exact BAR file deployed from the BES run well when side-loaded to your phone?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Batelco

[ Edited ]

No actually it doesn't as well,

I have faced the same problem before also, what I did was create a new project and then move the code there and it worked, until now when I planned on releasing.

Edit: I have tried exporting the debug build and when sideloading it works, but because its a work app i need it on the work perimeter, so I put it in BES and tried to install it from blackberry world- work , it installs but when I open it it closes and the program is deleted automatically.

I'm quite baffled and no idea how to work around this problem, really need your support Blackberry, never faced such issues in developing for other mobile platforms, truly disappointing.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Debug builds are not supported to be deployed through the BES.

As the same signed build that is the source of the original issue fails to run when side-loaded we can remove the BES variable here and just focus on why the app itself is not running when in release mode. I would suggest posting he details to the respective forum board (ex Cascades, WebWorks etc) for support on figuring out why it does not run.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!