Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Deploying Application - pkgdbcache.xml has wrong info

I have a large application with 12 siblings.  The alx file has the single combined .cod file name.

But after running loader /index the pkgdbcache.xml file has the wrong names!

Modules: MobilePharmacy.cod, MobilePharmacy-1.cod.... MobilePharmacy-12.cod.

when I look into pkgdbcache.xml - the main file is named: MobilePharmacy-1.cod, then it has siblings named

MobilePharmacy-1-1.cod, MobilePharmacy-1-2.cod etc.

BES version: 4.1.7.17

New Contributor

Re: Deploying Application - pkgdbcache.xml has wrong info

I figured out the problem.  I had a corrupt combined cod file.  If you looked at it, the siblings were all there but the main cod without the -x was in a randomly named subfolder.  Reran my build to recreate the combined cod and this time all the cods were at top level in the combined cod and the loader/index produced the expected results.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Just keep in mind that sibling COD files should *never* be indexed on the BES, only the main CODs.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

So if I have two cod files App.cod and App-1.cod, how do I make sure that App-1.cod does not get indexed? Leave it out of the alx file?

I have two applications - one is the one that we wrote and one is for the driver's that we are using.  The company for the drivers gave us two cod files like above and the alx file has both specified.  And when I run loader/index the pkgdbcache.xml has both as modules.

Our application on the other hand has only one cod file named in the alx file and we produce only one cod file to put on the BES ... BUT this code file is a combined code file --- meaning if you open it, you see it contains 13 cods files inside it.  The loader/index is able to see this and shows it as one main module and 12 siblings.

I am now wondering if I need to modify the alx file for the driver application not to list both cod files?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Combined COD files (those with siblings contained) are good.

The development tools will create the COD files for both deployment from the BES (with siblings contained and an ALX) and from a web site (with the siblings extracted and a JAD). The tools will *not* create an ALX that references sibling COD files. 

If you only have a version of an app with sibling COD files I would recommend going back to the developers and asking for the correct one.

Using the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse, the BES/Desktop Software version of the application will be placed in the "Standard" directory within the applications \deliverables directory.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!