Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: TIM

Disable MDS for an user

Hi, is there any way to disable the MDS service for an user using BWS ?

So far I found something in class MDSCSDeviceServiceAttributes where I can set the attribute ServiceEnabled to true or false, but as I can see, it's related to device and not to user, so I didn't find a way to "update the device" with this configuration like I update a user using BAACore.setUser, I could not find any corresponding method to do the same for Device.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Disable MDS for an user

Hi,

It looks like there may be some confusion, in your post you reference BWS, but all of the methods you have referenced are in BAA, not BWS. BWS is new in BES 5.0.3 while BAA has been around since BES 5.0.0.

In BWS you cannot disable a user, just delete. In BAA you can disable the user but not enable the user once disabled. In BAA to disable the user you can use the BAACore#disableBlackBerryServiceForUsers() call.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: TIM

Sorry about the missunderstanding and thanks for your reply.

So as I understood from your reply, I can disable the MDS connection for one specific user calling the method BAACore#disableBlackBerryServiceForUsers()?? Wouldn't this disable the user as a Blackberry User?

what I want to do is something like the following command using the BESUserAdminClient

"besuseradminclient -username admin -password password -change -dm -u jpalmer@test.rim.net -b server01"

using the "-dm" option to disable BlackBerry MDS Connection Service for the user.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Right, it would disable all BlackBerry services for the user. Using the BAS APIs there is no current call to disable just the MDS connectivity for a user.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!