Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

IT Policy

how i will manupulate the IT policy programatically through BES server...?

Please help its Urgent.....

Please provide piece of code if avaliable...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: IT Policy

IT Policy creation or manipulation is not curently exposed via BWS (the API interface to BAS).

Could you let me know what your use case is? There may be other APIs to achieve the same goal.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

i have already activated the BIS service in my mobile ,and BES service is also activated in mobile..

Now i want to know whether i can set the IT Policy from the device programatically and send that information to BES server progromatically...

If there is any program /code so that u can help me out to communicate with the BES server

Is that the appropriate approach to commucticate with BES 

or 

Say i define some hard core policy in my device.now there is 3rd party layer where we will send the selected policy to 
to him and that thrid party will accept the policy and send to BES server ...
Is this is the articture we should follow up to handle BES server or there are anything else..we need.

Thanks

Retired

Setting an IT Policy can be done programmatically via BWS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Getting-Started-with-BlackBerry-...

The workflow portion you would need to write (accepting the policy etc).

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

The workflow portion you would need to write (accepting the policy etc).

--Here means accepting the policy from the BES server ...is this..

Retired

No, the API will allow the IT Policy to be set on the BES, your second scenario involved the user approving the IT Policy before it being set.

1) Setting IT Policy on the BES, supported through BWS

2) User accepting the IT Policy before setting on BES, would be up to you to code

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Just clarrifying things:--

my question was :: whether i can set the IT Policy from the device programatically and send that information to BES server progromatically...

Reply was--

IT Policy creation or manipulation is not curently exposed via BWS (the API interface to BAS).

Setting an IT Policy can be done programmatically via BWS:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Getting-Started-with-BlackBerry-...

Now for Eg.

say i want to set the IT Policy an for eg Disallowed camera ... how to set this IT policy means how will i do this...program..and communicate with the BES..

Thanks in advance...

Retired

The policy would already need to exist on the BES, you would use BWS to assign the policy to a user/group.

The doc I referenced includes information on how to use BWS. The BWS API documentation includes code samples for each call.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Say i have list of Policy defined in the device that has received from the BES server through Apache CXF ,now selecting one of the policy then through Apache CXF server whether i can send that policy to the BES server or not.