Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
My Device: 9300,9800,9000
My Carrier: East Asia

Pushing an Application From BES caused the deletion of other manually installed application

[ Edited ]

We had developed and packaged an application using the latest Webworks SDK (2.2.0.15) . When the BES admin tried to push the updated application (over the previous version of the same application) into the devices through BES , this is what happened .

1) On devices with OS 6.0 the application was installed and updated , but after its installation the other manually installed application like facebook, twitter etc were gone/deleted.

2) On devices with OS 5.0 the old version of the application was uninstalled but the new version didn't install/update , the old version still remains . It is not updating old application on OS.

Can anybody help me with this , Is this because of our application or something wrong with BES ? 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Pushing an Application From BES caused the deletion of other manually installed application

Hi,

#1 is likely due to a BES setting (possibly Application Control Policy) and should be posted to the BES board.

#2 may be due to the ALX file of the application. Could you post it to verify?

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: 9300,9800,9000
My Carrier: East Asia

Re: Pushing an Application From BES caused the deletion of other manually installed application

<loader version="1.0" >
<application id="LeaveNAttendance">
<name>Leave and Attendance</name>
<description>Leave and Attendance Application</description>
<version>1.3.0</version>
<vendor>Prosares Solutions PVT LTD</vendor>
<copyright></copyright>
<fileset Java="1.45">
<directory></directory>
<files>LeaveNAttendance.cod</files>
</fileset>
</application>
</loader>
Here is the alx file of the application . Pls do let me know whats wrong ? , Thanks in advance .

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

It actually looks fine, which makes it seem like more of an issue with the Software Configuration of Application Control Policy. You can post this to the BES boards for further support as well.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!