Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

Contributor
My Device: Developer (Curve 9360)
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Resend IT policies from BES programmatically (via API or similar).

Hi all,

Is it possible to resend the IT policy to a blackberry from the associated BES programmatically (and how)?

The functionality I am trying to achieve is the same as what is accomplished with the 'Resent IT policy to a device' in the BES administration service web app. I have tried to use the BES User Administration Client (called from my application) to achieve this functionality but it is not supported for BES 5.x, what I want to know is whether it is possible via the BlackBerry Administration API to achieve this? I've taken a look at the BES 5 APIs but not been able to work out a way to achieve what I need to. To clarify, I want to initiate the resend of the policy from my application running on the BES, not from an application on the blackberry (although if the latter is possible I would consider using this instead).

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Resend IT policies from BES programmatically (via API or similar).

You can resend by assigning the same IT POlicy a second time I believe. There is no "resend" command however.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Ok, and the seccond assigment will actually iniate a re-application of policy to the deviec? I only ask because if I use the User Administration Tool and try to apply the same policy twice the second time I get an error, I assumed the API would behave the same.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry, I stand corrected, we do have a call in BWS to resent the IT Policy:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/bws/enterprise/admin/5.0.4.35/com/rim/ws/enterprise/admin/...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Excellent, that's just what I needed. Thanks!