Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

fgb
New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

User Attributes correspondances

Hi everybody,

I am actually developping a connector for BES and need to knew a few details that do not appear in the API doc.

Concerning the User class:

- What is the destinationServerID? Making some test with a standalone program, it appears that it is not the ID of the BES server the user belongs to.

After creating a user, I checked the value of the DestinationServerId, the DispatcherServiceInstanceId, and the ServiceID. All of them has a different ID.

I understand that the Dispatcher Service is used to retreive the dispatcher instances (that are identified with BES for ease of understanding). So I understand that the value is not the same between the ServiceID and the DispatcherServerInstanceId. But why is the destinationServerID of the user different of the DispatcherServerInstanceId? I am maybe missing something here.

- What is the organizationId ? I don't get the concept of organization.

- What is the dataSource ?

Also, why is it that the first and last name of the user is null? Same thing for loginName and LoginPassword. I thought that the first and last name would come from the AD when creating the user, because I did not find any place in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to set these informations. About the login and password, I have no idea why it is set to null.

Thanks,

fgb

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: User Attributes correspondances

Hi fgb,

Perhaps you could let us know what information you are looking to find for the particular user? It may be easier than trying to provide information on fields that may not be relevant to your situation.

Also, what call are you running to retrieve this information?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
fgb
New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: User Attributes correspondances

Hello gbeukeboom,

Thank you for answering that fast, I appreciate.

I am actually going through the different attribute that the BES API is exposing to check what is relevant for provisioning.

All the attribute concerning the dispatcher or other server might be relevant, this is why I am trying to understand what are all these attributes.

To retreive these information, I am using the getUser method from the core Web Service.

Thanks again for the answer.