Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

export user list with the BlackBerry Enterprise API

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I am trying to export a userlist from the BESServer and it is a little bit confusing.

My goal is to save all informations concerning the users. The problem is that the method findUsers() from the core WS only permit me to get the informations that the user has as attribute, not the informations like the associated device, with the PIN number, the carrier, and everything else...

I can for example find all the users using the find method on the core WS:

FindUsersResultfindUsers(UserSearchCriteria searchCriteria, BASEnumBaseDTO sortBy, boolean sortAscendingOrder, java.lang.String locale, UserSearchResult lastResultElement, int pageSize)

But this method will only return a FindUsersResult object, that I can use to get all the UserSearchResult object, and get the UserSearchResultServiceAttributesType object... The problem is that this is not permitting me to get the information associated to the user in the BASUserSearchResultServiceAttributesType... (like the device, carrier, PIN, etc...). 

Is there a simple way to get every single information about a User, that has been already implemented?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: export user list with the BlackBerry Enterprise API

Hi fgb,

All the information you listed as required (PIN, carrier) can be accessed via the returned BASUserSearchResultServiceAttributesType object. Refer to the findUsers() sample code for how to retrieve this object from the FindUsersResult.

Goodbye everybody!