Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Web Services

New Developer
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: zain KW

problem with the BES\MDS please help!

hello, 

i'm a beginner java developer , and i'm working on an application for BB.

i have a DB on server (SQLAnywhereDB)  and another on the device application (UltraLiteJ) ...what i do is a synchronization proccess one you start the app (Mobilink).
while MDS simulator must be running...everything is working perfectly on the device simulator. 
now i want to make it work on a REAL device .....i've no experience with the BES and MDS...what exactly do i need to run my app on a real device ???

thanks in advance,

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: problem with the BES\MDS please help!

You will just need to compile and sign your application. Are you seeing any problems once running your application on your device?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

the application is compiled and signed , and everything is working on simulators...

i have no BES and NO MDS services running ( of course it's not synchronizing )..i get this message " Application name (345) is not responding; process terminated. "

my question is : should i buy a BES software ? and does MDS service will be running ?? is there anyother way ?? is there anything else i need ? 

Retired

The BES software comes with MDS-CS which will allow your activated smartphones access to your Intranet. There are free versions of BES software available. It's up to you whether to get the software or not. If your server is accessible by the Internet, or you can make it accessible via the Internet, then a BES will not be necessary for the server to be reached.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

my server is accessible by the Internet, but the application wont run withoutMDS-CS

while i'm running the device and MDS simulators everything is working so fine..

what is the real life replacement of device and MDS simulators ?

is there any configurations on the device ? APN or something ?!

what is the real life equivalent to the MDS simulator ?

should i add a piece of code to my application ? 

any support to my device ? 

Thanks in advance,

Highlighted
Retired

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server's MDS-CS is just one of many possible transport routes to get your application access to the Internet. The following article explains this and the different transport routes in deeper detail:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!