10-25-2012 06:35 PM
I got 3 questions about Blackberry AppWorld, can you help me please?
My questions are:
1. How can I convert my JAR & JAD files to COD & ALX fies (to upload my games to Blackberry AppWorld) ?
2. Is Blackberry Signiture key can encrypt my game? After I use signiture keys, can anyone reach my codes?
3. Can I sell my games cheaper than $ 0,99 ? For example, 0,79 $ ?
10-26-2012 04:06 AM
I guess you have Java ME games
1) Better ask in Java dev forum
I'm no expert in middlets but I expect that porting Java ME games won't be that hard, since BBOS is extending Java ME
2) When you create COD files your code is protected, COD format is hard to break binary file. Signing keys and signing are used to verify that you are the author of a given app or game, withouth signing your games cannot run on real device (only on simulator)
3) $0.99 is the lowest price, however customers in developing countries (Indonesia, South Africa etc.) pay only 75% of the app price, so the price for these markets would be $0.75
10-26-2012 02:08 PM
10-27-2012 04:12 AM
About the signing keys, I didn't explain it correct. Signing an app is not patenting or similar, it just gives information who have signed the app. This information is for RIM only, for example if they detect that your apps have some illegal behavior (for example stealing personal info etc.) they can just disable your keys and your apps will stop working. It is kind of control over developers to avoid producing and distributing malicious apps.
To get the keys, here is detailed info: