Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Any way to get aggregate reports?

It is crazy that the only way to check my daily/monthly/etc earnings is to run a report for every app I have and specify a date range. Is there something that I am missing that offers a simple count of what has been sold, and how much I am owed?

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8700 | 8310 | BOLD | STORM

Re: Any way to get aggregate reports?

Go to DigitalRiver and get your ePen reports.  It gives you an excel spreadsheet breakdown of your sales.  Everything is always broken down into two spreadsheets--one for domestic and one for other countries.  Thats the reason why you get paid twice at the end of the month as well..

But I do agree, that these reports need to get better...Even for troubleshooting issues, theres no way to get a transaction number or even get the customer's email address from the reports managed through the AppWorld Vendor Portal.  The only way you can track it back to a transaction is the license key.  But other than that, it is pretty much useless....it's not even in the correct timezone!

Developer

Where do I go for that? I tried going to digitalriver.com and doing their Client Login but none of my accounts work.

Thanks. 

Developer

Near about the time when you created a developer account in AppWorld, they sent you a Digital River ID and password.  Are you not using your password keeper on your blackberry?? Smiley Happy

Seriously, if you don't have it, send an email to the storefrontmanager and I'm sure they can help you out.

Developer

The ipen reports are not usefull - I think blackberry should just add the "all" option to the current reports UI 
Developer

Agreed, or even better be like Mobihand and let me just see the number without having to download and open any CSV files.

App World has a long way to go... 

New Developer

How often is sales data updated?

Sirs,

My new BlackBerry application has been up for sale for a week now.  According to the sales reports in the "vendor portal," I haven't made one single sale.  For what it's worth, it's app #3290.

So my  question is:  how often is this sales-report info updated?  Daily?  Weekly?  See what I mean? 

What frustrates me even more is I find vendor "support" (notice the quotes) completely lacking.  No phone number to call and an email that only gives automated replies.  Is it like that for developing iPhone apps too?

Thanks and best regards,

Joe

Developer

Re: How often is sales data updated?

jpillera,

What type of licensing model are you using?  One reason why the Dynamic Licensing model is important (other than piracy, of course) is because it makes a POST to your Web Server so you know when you receive a sale or not.

I believe the sales report on the vendor portal is real time.  When AppWorld first launced I kept rerunning the report to see my sales before I made my web application send me an automatic email notification--something else AppWorld is lacking.

New Developer

Sir,

The "static" license model.  As simple as you get.

Joe

Developer

My suggestion...even if you don't require a license key, I would still mark it as dynamic license request and set up a server so you can at least see who is downloading your app--You can send back a key that says 'KEY NOT REQUIRED' or something and your app can ignore it and run as it is today.

You don't want people download your apps for free and a report showing 0 sales do you?  Not to say that this happens but it could.  Every month I reconcile the hits to my websites versus what's in the report.  Since I've been doing that, I found a few discrepancies...mostly from people redownloading the game if they replaced their blackberry, though.