Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

App Submission: 3rd party content and safeguards

Hello! I am a new BlackBerry developer and have been working on an Empire Avenue app for the upcoming PlayBook. I wanted to see what would be required for an app submission. When I went to add a release I go stuck on two points:

1. Third party content: since I am using the Empire Avenue API, should I check this off? If I do it asks for any legal rights have been obtained for the content.

2. User generated safeguards: this section mentions "If your product supports user generated content such as images, text, profile names and messages, you will need to confirm that appropriate safeguard are in place to protect users - especially minors, and monitor and manage inappropriate conduct." It then goes on to ask about what safeguards are in place to accept complaints. Is there a way to post a "submit as inappropriate" request for images / messages through the API, or do I need to write my own filtering for this or if the site has their own spam handling can I just piggyback on that?

I hadn't taken these things into consideration, how does it work with a Twitter client, for example?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App Submission: 3rd party content and safeguards

If you registered and accepted their API agreement, then you have legal rights to access that information.

I would say that you allow users to generate content but it is managed by Empire Avenue API.  No content is stored on the local device (if that is all true).